Pages

Monday, September 20, 2010

Miss Dressup, a 16 inch Rag Cloth Doll



It is Miss Dressup and she is my latest design, I had lots of fun creating her. Miss Dressup is 16 inches long and her body is muslin that has been just slightly stained with my special staining sauce as I like to call it.
She is filled with fiber fill and I have designed and painted on her facial features using acrylic paints, I have also used a sealer. I wanted this time just to make her a tiny bit aged in the facial features and on the body.
I did not stain the clothing or her hair this time, her cloths are some very nice cotton fabrics and I used a brown yarn for hair and hand sewed it into the head of the doll. I wanted to make look as if she wanted to play dress up so I found and old purple neck scarf and tore some it to look as if she has a fancy feather frill around her neck.
I have just recently opened up another store at Esty and you will find her there at http://www.etsy.com/listing/56626558/16-inch-miss-wanna-dressup-a-cloth-rag


No comments: