Pages

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Miss Kat Tales, a 26 inch rag cloth doll witch




Miss Kat Tales is a doll I created last year for my store, she is 26 inches long. I have created her out of various craft fabrics, those being Halloween craft fabrics, black fleece, some great orange plaid fabric, some of her body was made from craft velour, basically the head and arms.
The head, arms and shoes are filled with fiber fill and the hair is a orange doll hair and is braided and knotted, then sewn into the head of the doll using a good quilting thread. The eyes are green safety cat eyes (this is why I named her Miss Kat Tales) The mouth is a red heart shaped button, I wanted to give a look like she is puckering up for a big kiss and I have hand sewn the button to her face. I wanted to kind give the look she is an ugly and messy looking gal that could be a actual witch! I did sew a pumpkin button onto the fleece looking shawl and cut the strips and add black cording for shoe strings to the boots she is wearing. I also just love the over sized nose I gave her, she was lots of fun to make for Halloween.

No comments: