Pages

Monday, November 15, 2010

My Ginger Bread 15 inch cloth doll and Christmas Ornament






I have just finished up this sweet 15 inch ginger bread doll with a Christmas Ornament. The doll is made from a tan felt and filled with fiber fill and I did a rick rack stitch around the arms and legs of the doll. I have also used acrylic paints for a bit of the mouth and lashes on the doll with also adding black buttons for eyes.




The out fit is Christmas cotton fabrics and she is also wearing bloomers and I have done a bit of soft sculpting by adding a belly button to her that is not seen in the photo, but there is a bit of soft sculpting for the mouth and cheeks for the doll.


The last things to this doll is the gold ribbon that I added to her head and dress. I also made a cute Christmas ornament to go with her that I made with pre-wooden figures, a bear and bulb. I decoupaged the bulb and paint snow and trees on it; the bear is painted with acrylics and stained to look old. I also added gold ribbon to the little bear so the set is complete and matching.
I will be adding her to the art fire store here http://www.artfire.com/users/49stocker
I plan on making a few more of these sweet dolls and adding them shortly the price will be 20.00 dollars.

No comments: