Pages

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Talking about The Sock to Me Red headed 15 rag cloth doll



Happy Veteran's Day, and thank you to all those now serving and have served, such as my wonderful husband, his sister, their father, my grandfather and many of my uncles love you all.
Now about the doll; I made her with the idea of looking aged but when I found this orange red yard I decided not to stain that part of the doll I wanted her to sock it to ya with that hair. I made the body from muslin and stained it with my stain and baked the body in the oven at 200 degrees. I did the same with the cotton clothing. I just had to mis-match the eyes and use black cotton floss for the nose and I hand embroidered the nose. There is also some nice stitch designs on the shirt and the skirt of the dress, I think she is one of my most favorite dolls that I created.
I am having some issues with the pages so I had to take them down from now on I think I will just direct you to a link where you can purchase my items. So the this sweet doll can be found here http:www.esty.com/listing/58096298/15-inch-rag-cloth-doll-sock-it-to-me-little


No comments: