Pages

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Recycling a Wool jacket in to a Way Out Decorative Pillow


I went shopping a while back at some second hand stores and found some old wool jackets and bought them for the purpose of crafting with them.
One day I created a small 17x21 pillow using the back of a wool jacket; I got creative leaving some of the seams in when I made the pillow. Then I had some wild fringe that I bought at a local crafting store and some wild animal print.
I just love the contrast in the pillow which I think gives it tons of personality and says I am one of kind pillow.
I did not use any patterns put just went along with my wild thoughts on creating this pillow. The cat is pretty much in the center with bright button eyes for more contrast and I have added some bright cat buttons and sewn them in by hand. I created this in mind of a young girl who happens to love brightness and cats.
The pillow took about 3 days to make and decide on the fringe and contrasting fabric, I love finding old vintage jackets, sweaters, sheets, fabric in second hand stores it just makes crafting so much more fun with what ideas one can come up with. I will be adding this pillow to the Art Fire store in just a bit along with some other items so be sure to check in at my Art Fire store to purchase this item and other goodies I have there.

No comments: