Pages

Monday, February 21, 2011

21 inch Primitive 2 Way Rag cloth Doll; Emma and Peg






I just finished this sweet 21 inch two sided primitive rag doll a few days ago, she was also added to the Art Fire store here http://www.artfire.com/modules.php?name=Shop&op=listing&product_id=2905474


I designed the doll, creating my own pattern for her; she is made from Onsburg fabric and filled with fiber fill. I also did some serious staining to the body using instant coffee solution but also taking a wet paint brush and dipping it into the coffee and adding more staining to help age the doll even more. I have also sanded the fabric using a light weight sand paper. The facial features are painted on using acrylic paints. I have named this sweet doll, Emma on one side and Peg on the other side. The dress and shirt are all cotton fabrics and have been stained for a very aged look.


This doll and pattern was very fun to create in that there are many ways to make this doll, for the holidays I plan on turning her into a 2 sided witch, I can create her without the prim look for smaller children, there are many ideas rolling around in my head on what next to do with this pattern.
You can just click on the link and find her in my store and see what else I have said about this 2 way doll.







No comments: