Pages

Friday, April 8, 2011

Dina, Another 14 inch primitive Rag Cloth Doll Designed by me and in The Art Fire Store Now


These little 14 inch rag dolls are all my very own design. One day I sat down and drew out a very basic doll that would be fun to make and I do have a ton of fun creating them because each one comes out so different, sometimes larger, smaller there is just lots I can do with these dolls.
This is Dina she is 14 inches long and has been stained for the aged look of primitive. I have used muslin for the body of the doll and filled it with fiber fill. The I mixed instant coffee and water for the staining of the doll. I then applied the stain with a foam brush and dried the doll well. I painted the facial features using acrylic paints, and her shoes, legs are done with the same acrylic paints. The dress and bloomers are quilting cotton fabrics from my favorite sash. The hair is a thick heavy wool red/orange yarn that I have sewn into the head of the doll using heavy duty quilting thread. The last thing that was done to the doll to age her was to sand with a light sand paper. These dolls are not for small children because of the staining. The doll is more for decor for that primitive look. Find her here for purchasing http://www.artfire.com/modules.php?name=Shop&op=listing&product_id=3104893

No comments: