Pages

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

What's in My Art Fire Store, a 16 inch flower rag cloth doll




This 16 inch rag cloth doll is plaid pansy and of course the reason she is called that is the petals are a rose plaid cotton fabric. She is now in my Art Fire store for purchasing here, http://www.artfire.com/modules.php?name=Shop&op=listing&product_id=3110350
The body of the doll is made from muslin and filled with fiber fill and was sewn on the sewing machine accept for the arms and legs, those I hand sew into the doll using my heavy quilting thread. The dress is also cotton fabrics and I created the body from an old Butter wick doll pattern and followed it somewhat but the facial features are all my own design and have been painted on using acrylic paints, I also did not use solid colors as the pattern suggests but florals and plaids instead just to be a bit different. This was just a sweet doll to create for springtime!

No comments: