Pages

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Miss Flags a 14 inch rag cloth doll for the 4th of July


Wow! it's been quite a while since my last post and that is because I have been so busy being a new grandma! I have been helping my daughter out quite a lot lately so I have not been posting to this blog as much as I have been to http://itsjustfranklykute.blogspot.com There you will find my posts about Josie my grand daughter and a foam craft project you all can do just click on the link and it will take you there.
Looks like the fourth of July is quickly sneaking up on me so thought I would post a little doll I did up a while back.
Miss Flags is 14 inches long and she is primitive I have stained her with my favorite sauce. She is my very own design in that I created the pattern and did her up. I used cotton fabric for the body and filled her with fiber fill. The I added some small black beads for eyes and these are hand sewn into the head of the doll. I added a nose using brown cotton floss some powdered blush. Her out fit is quite simple in that I gathered the fabric and just cut a strip from the cotton fabric; the clothing is also stained along with the hat which is made from white broad cloth. The hair is my favorite wool yarn in which I loop and knot, then sew into the head of the doll using heavy quilting thread. You can find Miss Flags here to purchase https://www.etsy.com/listing/100565789/14-inch-rag-cloth-doll-miss-flags
I hope you all will come check her out and many of my other rag cloth dolls and animals.

No comments: