Pages

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Meet Bana the Sweet Tooth Bear 15 inch bear animal rag doll


 Good Tuesday morning to everyone, I have been away for sometime now but that's about to change I hope! I have been battling my health again but I am gaining a little control over being Diabetic problems and the on rage of hives!  Both my Etsy stores are still on vacation and I will be opening them again on August 10th 2013.
In the mean time I have been trying to get lots done and this is one of my new dolls I have created this doll using one of  http://thekrazykraftlady.blogspot.com/p/freebies.html  patterns the bear pattern to be exact.  I love this pattern there are so many ways to make this bear; but for now I used muslin and stained it with instant coffee and baked it in the oven at 200 degrees.
Then I began painting my very own facial features for Bana the Sweet Tooth Bear.  I used acrylic paints and oil pastels for the face and no patterns were used, I just drew free hand.  The outfit is also my own design, it's 2 separate cotton fabrics sewn together and then gathered at the top, legs and arms a type of rompers.  I am thinking about adding more to the bear, maybe a paper mache' box and making look like a bee hive so one does get a better idea that this little bear has a sweet tooth, rather than just leaving him with a large tooth!  The bear is filled with fiber fill and I have added some satin ribbons onto the bear.  He is a little over 14 inches tall and just so sweet! I think I will make more of him its a fun and wonderful pattern.  I thought of making a black bear using some fleece and so that idea is on the burner for a little later.  I have also been doing lots of quilting and doll making with 3 other new dolls that I will be sharing a little later.

No comments: