Pages

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Featured Item for Sunday August 18th 2013 Dorky The Raccoon animal critter

Good morning! Well its Sunday and its my parents anniversary, its also my mom's birthday! Happy birthday mom!!
You all may know this critter, Dorky the Raccoon, you will find him here, to purchase just scroll to the bottom of my home page side and there you will find Dorky and the PayPal button, along with the button is the price for purchasing in the U.S and outside the U.S.  I took heavy duty quilting batting and stained it with an oil based stain a walnut stain.  Then I create the body from a vintage raccoon pattern I have from about 1968-70.  He is filled with fiber fill and I added some cotton fabric and stained it also with the walnut stain.  I have hand sewn the button eyes on and hand embroidered the nose and whiskers.  Dorky is 18 inches long and smells wonderful from all the staining he went through. He is $31.00 and that includes the shipping fee within the United States.  
I had lots fun making him and he is a little different from the average raccoon! Thus the name Dorky! He is not for small kids but more for those who love primitive critters.
Tuesday I will have a featured item, as Monday is my birthday and my time out will be to a steak house, I have already gotten my birthday present some buttons, fabric and other goodies! I am looking forward to using them!!


No comments: