Pages

Monday, August 5, 2013

Quilt Planning and designing 2 Single wall hanging quilts and one that will be a Large wall hanging Quilt.


Howdy to all! its already August! where does the time go?  One thing about it, I am in the quilting mode.  The reason why is my photo editor has really inspired me.  I love that editor and what it will do to the photos I take.  These were photos that I took just in my neighbor hood, the first photo is of an old building that was either a cannery or where ships were working on?? not sure which.  I took this photo from the highway and did lots of different overlays and I plan on adding some neat quilting pieces to make it a wall hanging quilt. I will probably stain the fabric that I have printed the photo on to make it more primitive looking.

In this photo you are looking at the Lewis and Clark river, which is right by my home.  It is the boat shop in the back round.  I used a few different overlays to get this effect, the wow effect, watercolor, cartoon and sharpen.  This will also be a single panel wall hanging quilt, I just lover the coloring!
The last 2 photos will both be in the same quilt its 2 different views, in the back is Astoria Oregon and the Columbia River.  I love what the enhancements did to both photos the bright coloring and water color effect is just so much fun to play with I also love the Cartooning effect it really makes colors pop.  Now the task is to find some really interesting quilting fabric for these 3 quilts and I have been eyeing some neat fabric at Joann's and Fabric Depot, but I also need to head into a little shop for a look at the novelty fabric in this one quilting shop.
These are all sitting on the kitchen table ready to go looks like I need to go get busy today and for the next few weeks with lots more quilt making in the works!




No comments: